Share |


Do You Need Translation Services?

Mental illness is often stigmatized in any culture.  It is important that you obtain information to help you treat your child’s illness.  Don’t wait until the situation is urgent.  It can be very lonely and scary for the parent raising a child who has special needs even when you have lived in this country from birth.  Find someone to talk to and talk to your doctor.

Cambridge and Kitchener have Multicultural Centres.  The YMCA also has a Cross Cultural and Community Services Department at the Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge YMCA.  They can refer you to someone who can translate this information for you.  Over 40 languages are available for help with translation.  There are fees for this service.

The Canadian Hearing Society also has translators available for those that are Hearing Impaired.

Canadian Hearing Society – 519-744-6811, TTY – 1-888-697-3611 or
Kitchener-Waterloo and Cambridge YMCA Cross Cultural and Immigration Services-519-579-9622 (Kitchener) or 519-621-1621(Cambridge) or
Kitchener-Waterloo Multicultural Center – 519-745-2531 or
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) -
Centre for Addictions and Mental Health -  - fact sheets in 16 languages  -
Centre for Community Based Research – 519-741-1318
Yellow Pages -  or check your local listings under “Translation”