Linking research, training and knowledge
FINAL ISSUE – August 15, 2013
For more than a decade, Child & Family Professional has been a kidsLINK publication dedicated to sharing new learning opportunities for direct service workers in the field of children’s mental health. As the current managing editor, I have enjoyed creating, with the help of an active editorial board, three issues per year, focused on providing professional education with a multidisciplinary perspective, linking practice, research and training. Together, we’ve assisted professionals in their endeavours to remain aware, alert and knowledgeable with respect to wellness, resilience, and trauma. In the classroom, in the workplace, or in the community, it is important to know how to support those at risk. I am proud of our achievements in this regard!
Therefore, I am sad to announce that Child and Family Professional is being discontinued and this will be our last issue.
At the same time, I am excited to report that kidsLINK has recently amalgamated with Mosaic Counselling and Family Services. Operating as Carizon Family and Community Services, this merger will mean an even stronger, more comprehensive and integrated approach to providing community services and supporting children’s mental health.
This last issue of Child and Family Professional directly addresses suicide concerns and other traumas, reflects on resiliency factors, and provides ideas to promote wellness.
Special thanks go out to the following:
- Board members and proofreaders for their time and expertise in reviewing submissions, as well as their advice regarding publication development
- Book reviewers who inspired us to continue reading
- Guilford Publications and Wilfrid Laurier University Press for providing review materials
- M&T Print and Pandora Press for their publishing services
- Authors who willingly shared their research and knowledge
- Subscribers who have taken some of this information and mindfully incorporated it into ensuring that children, youth and families reach their full potential
You can download the FINAL ISSUE here.