Zero – 2 – Six Program
Early Childhood Mental Health Services
Do you have concerns about your young child’s social and emotional development?
Zero2Six can make a difference by:
- Looking at the needs of each unique family.
- Engaging parents as equal partners.
- Providing expertise related to children birth-six.
- Strengthening the parent/child relationship.
- Resolve challenges & enhance understanding.
- Increasing confidence and feelings of success.
Lutherwood and Carizon jointly offer a range of mental health services for families and children six and under.
Is Zero2Six right for you?
- Is your child age six or younger?
- Do you live in the Region of Waterloo?
- Do you want to strengthen your relationship with your child and resolve challenges?
- Do you want to gain a better understanding and knowledge of your unique child?
- Do you want to develop new skills?
- There is no cost for any Zero2Six services.
Intensive Home-Based Services
- Contracted for up to 3 months, 3 to 6 hours a week
- Child & Family strengths and needs are identified.
- Together goals and plans for success are established.
- Place and time for sessions determined together.
- Collaborate with involved community agencies and schools.
- Help facilitate connections to other services and agencies when identified.
- Parents and children gain success and new skills through the use of Family Support, Education, Modeling, Coaching & Practice.
Brief Home-Based Services
- Contracted 3 to 6 sessions total.
- Focus on one identifiable challenge or goal.
Consultations (in partnership with the Ontario Early Years Centres)
- Topics are focused on social and emotional development and parenting strategies.
- To book an appointment for a consultation, contact Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo Early Years Centres directly.
To access services, please contact:
1770 King Street East, Suite 1
The Zero2Six program is funded by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services and is a joint initiative of Carizon and Lutherwood.