We’re on our way
kidsLINK’s vision is that young people choose wellness, are resilient and heal from trauma.
In pursuit of our 2017 vision, kidsLINK has prepared a 3-year plan for 2011 – 2014, working towards being an international professional resource centre linking research training and practice to improve the lives of children, youth and their families through mental wellness.
- A hub linking research, training and practice on-site in St. Agatha to which professionals and clients come from far and wide
- All products and services built on integrated wellness-resilience-trauma knowledge
- A international professional training business
- kidsLINK influencing the child and youth service systems
- Impact measured in the difference kidsLINK is making in learning, healing, caring service systems
- Child and youth-inspired and youth-involved operations
- Multiple, positive partnerships, including national and international scope
As of 2014, kidsLINK will be:
- Helping to heal those suffering from complex and recurring trauma
- Helping to build resilience in children and youth
- Promoting and enabling holistic wellness in families (children and their parents)
- Transferring knowledge on wellness, resilience and the impact of trauma to child, youth and family services professionals and multidisciplinary student interns
- Promoting system change to end the inadvertent re-traumatization of children and youth by services and the service system
- Modeling an integrative, sustainable and effective health care service.
kidsLINK’s centre for wellness will be grounded in values based on the legacy of the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
In carrying out our mission, we strive for excellence in our knowledge and treatment of children and families.
Our legacy…our mission
At kidsLINK, we have the knowledge and skills to address problems and contribute to mental wellness, as well as train other professionals.
That’s why we are increasing our capacity to be a resource to other agencies, professionals and caregivers, so that we can affect the lives of many more children here in Ontario, throughout Canada and the world.